I read this article because color, along with typography, are one of the two most important elements in design work. Not having taken any color theory classes at Mason, I thought this article would be a good read.
The main Points I found to be helpful include:
- Do take the time to learn the color wheel
- Do analyze the color undertones.
- Do explore the color psychology
- Do examine other sites and designs to determine which color schemes are more appealing than others.
- Don’t forget about the readability when combining color with type
- Don’t miss on understanding the basic color wheel rules.
- Don’t neglect the fact that colors change according to their surroundings.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with color combinations.
These bullet points are a great rule of thumb points to remember when working in color. I have bookmarked this article for future reference.